Still Around.

tighterse

Still Around.

Postby tighterse » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:18 pm

It's been a while but I'm still around with the Sportage and still showing 58 mpg long term but...

The CEO and Appointed Successor have decided a new car is due so I've been haunting car dealers and test driving to find something suitable. My main concerns are comfort, ease of driving, easy intyooty, economy and bottom line cost. Peugeot - Citroen -Vauxhall and Ford were the candidates. All failed on the grounds of ease of driving. !.4 and 1.2 petrol engines may be economical but the constant stirring of the gearbox is not for me. Peugeot etc. have a 1.6 diesel in 90 and 110 HP versions. The 90 HP is powerless and needs to be kept above 2000 rpm to make progress and I couldn't find a 110 hp version anywhere. The Ford 1.5 diesel is asthmatic.

So back to the Sportage. It meets every condition perfectly; pulls from 25 mph in 5th and 6th, lots of room, comfortable seats and the CEO and AS like it. Price negotiation was a bit fraught but getting up and looking to walk out soon gets the salesman on the phone to his manager. The "1" version has all I need although some may say the "2" with satnav is better. I have a Moto phone that does all a satnav does and it cost less than £120. Metallic paint, a tank of petrol and set of car mats are included in the deal.

Now I wonder if I can run out of diesel with the old car when I go for collection and can I get over 60 long term from the new one?
Kia Ceed 1.6 crdi isg Retired undefeated on 25,720 miles and 62.91 mpg overall

Now driving my second Sportage.

Warning. May contain a nut.

frv

Re: Still Around.

Postby frv » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:16 pm

Hi TE

Here’s to 60 with the new Sportage, if it ain’t broke......
'15 Audi A3 Sportback SE CoD S-Tronic - 5+ year average 55+mpg

(Retired) '06 Honda FR-V 2.2 i-CTDi - Best/longest tank: 67.92mpg (+51.6%) / 815.5 miles.