Electricity/Gas bills - Group supplier switching!

Lae

Electricity/Gas bills - Group supplier switching!

Postby Lae » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:21 pm

Thought you guys might be interested in the concept of big groups of people getting together and using numbers to negotiate the best deals from energy suppliers :) There are two starting up at the moment, I registered my interest with both and will be watching keenly to see what the outcome is! The more people who sign up, the better bargaining power the scheme facilitators have!

The first is http://www.thepeoplespower.co.uk/ who are a not-for-profit social enterprise, who also have a focus towards "green" energy.

The other is Which? https://www.whichbigswitch.co.uk/ who will probably have more people joining, they are at 190,711 households at the moment!

frv

Re: Electricity/Gas bills - Group supplier switching!

Postby frv » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:38 pm

I heard about this on the radio - it sounds like a great idea. I got fed up switching every 12 to 18 months so I'm now on a fixed till 2014.
If the right deal came along though I can get out of it :)
'15 Audi A3 Sportback SE CoD S-Tronic - 5+ year average 55+mpg

(Retired) '06 Honda FR-V 2.2 i-CTDi - Best/longest tank: 67.92mpg (+51.6%) / 815.5 miles.

Lae

Re: Electricity/Gas bills - Group supplier switching!

Postby Lae » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:41 pm

I heard about this on the radio - it sounds like a great idea. I got fed up switching every 12 to 18 months so I'm now on a fixed till 2014.
If the right deal came along though I can get out of it :)
Yeah switching can be a hassle...I was tempted to switch the other day, but instead changed to the standard tariff with current supplier with no contractual period just in case something good comes of these schemes in the next month or two :) If it fizzles out I'll be joining you on a lengthy fixed tariff! At least you know where are you with them :)