Sneaky O2

dancingbear84

Re: Sneaky O2

Postby dancingbear84 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:33 pm

I love the names you give people! Skype is now Microsoft, which you probably know. If you don't post anything to Facebook then it isn't too bad, the trouble is that you end up getting sucked in. I've binned my Facebook account before and then gone back and signed up again.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
1998 Peugeot 106 1.5d zest 3
MPG Claimed (on autotrader): 53

tighterse

Re: Sneaky O2

Postby tighterse » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:43 am

Probably the final round up. O2 flatly refuse to apologise or offer a refund. My choice would be to sue them but for the £50 cost of the phone and unknown update charges it is not worthwhile even using a minimal cost sheriff court route. A write off to experience but O2 will get no more business from me. I've also discovered that unlocking a cheap Alcatel phone is almost impossible - two unlockers refused to touch it and advised that they have never been successful. Moral 1 - keep away from O2.

The local MP heard from Ofcom. All retailers, according to Ofcom, are legally obliged to let customers know what charges MAY apply after purchase but admit the rule is not enforced. The excuse seems to be that this is a growing industry that should not be over-burdened with regulation. Moral 2 - don't expect any help from Ofcom is you are a customer. However the MP is pursuing the matter and questioning the appropriate departments.

So my final advice applies. DO NOT buy either PAYG or contract from any of the main providers. Buy sim free from an independent retailer and then use Talktalk, Giffgaff, Lebara or similar.

A last point of interest. I complained to local MSPs about the lack of provision of help to the hard of hearing in phone shops. Every phone shop in Livingston now has a window sign advising that a hearing loop has been installed. One little victory!
Kia Ceed 1.6 crdi isg Retired undefeated on 25,720 miles and 62.91 mpg overall

Now driving my second Sportage.

Warning. May contain a nut.