New Hypermiler from Fife.

Jocko

New Hypermiler from Fife.

Postby Jocko » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:26 am

Hi there. I am just a newbie as far as Hypermiling is concerned. I have only been at it a few weeks and already I am beginning to see a marked improvement in my fuel consumption. I drive a 2006 Honda Jazz 1.2i-DSi S which I have had for a year now. I do about 170 miles a week, half of which is short trips in town, and have averaged 53 mpg over the past year. I hope to improve on that in years two.
I was given a ScanGauge E, a fortnight ago, and I am gleaning some useful (if at times confusing) info from that. I am not into Engine Off coasting, as I feel that is unsafe, but have noticed the benefits of draughting a large vehicle, always keeping at lease a 2 second gap.

I hope to make some new friends here and get lots of good advice and hypermiling tips.

frv

Re: New Hypermiler from Fife.

Postby frv » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:21 am

Hi Jocko

Glad you finally made it onto the forum! :D

The Jazz is a great car, we have a 2010 Jazz Si (1.2 also) which in my wife's hands (normal driving ;) ) does mid 40's. When I drive it and hypermile, it can easily do 60+ and on a longer run (drafting lorries etc., max speed 60mph) I've seen 70+.
The 'magic seats' are brilliant, I've fitted a mountain bike in there and other large objects!

If you feel like posting your mpg adventures please feel free to add them to our MPG stats threads. Latest one is here viewtopic.php?f=17&t=1233&start=30

I will own up to some engine off time but only in the Jazz and generally low speed short trips when no traffic about - it has resulted in many 100+mpg runs :mrgreen:
'15 Audi A3 Sportback SE CoD S-Tronic - 5+ year average 55+mpg

(Retired) '06 Honda FR-V 2.2 i-CTDi - Best/longest tank: 67.92mpg (+51.6%) / 815.5 miles.