Back in the fold with a new car...

parallaxerr

Back in the fold with a new car...

Postby parallaxerr » Thu Jan 03, 2019 9:01 am

Hi all,

Back in the hypermiling fold after a few years away. Last going off I had a Prius which I averaged 70+mpg with but redundancy forced the sale of that one. A few big dirty diesels since (for towing) and one most definitely not hypermile friendly Ford Focus ST but I recently decided I wanted economy again.

Just bought a new, heavily discounted pre-registered Nissan Pulsar 1.2petrol CVT auto and I'm loving seeing mpg figures north of 50 again! It's not the easiest car to hypermile, the cvt prevents coasting techniques (specifically warned against in the manual) and it pushes on quite hard at low speed due to the torque converter locking up at walking pace so I'm finding I'm having to brake more than I'd like, but it's all part of learning a new car.

I'm targeting the manufacturers combined figure of 55.4mpg to start with as most drivers report that this car won't get any where near that. I got 58.1mpg on the motorway run back from the dealer and 51.4 and 52.5mpg on my first two days back in work, so not a bad start.

Look forward to chatting, Jon

frv

Re: Back in the fold with a new car...

Postby frv » Thu Mar 21, 2019 8:04 am

Good work Jon

Sorry, missed your post! :oops:
'15 Audi A3 Sportback SE CoD S-Tronic - 5+ year average 55+mpg

(Retired) '06 Honda FR-V 2.2 i-CTDi - Best/longest tank: 67.92mpg (+51.6%) / 815.5 miles.