New car time!!...

dancingbear84

Re: New car time!!...

Postby dancingbear84 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:49 pm

It is true. They are expensive, but the fuel costs would be a whole heap cheaper. To be honest I will probably end up buying something little and petrol. I'm thinking along the lines of the Toyota iq, possibly a seat ibiza or Leon perhaps.
1998 Peugeot 106 1.5d zest 3
MPG Claimed (on autotrader): 53

Karl
Site Admin

Postby Karl » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:18 pm

Took the car in this morning and will be picking it up after work.

Had a little pop at Smith on twitter about the price of the regen and made a point that at the price a valet should be included... when they rang me to confirm the car was ready they said it had been cleaned!

Just wonder if I hadn't been using the Hypermiler twitter account, would I have been treated the same? Still... saved me £15 at the local abandoned petrol station.
2015 Skoda Octavia VRS Combi 2.0 TDI 184 DSG in Candy White - 50MPG and climbing

Karl
Site Admin

Postby Karl » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:19 pm

The problems are back again with the QQ :(

Sounds like a wheel bearing is gone at the front and it seems to be making a loud turbo whistle when you need to cruise at 70 (doesn't happen very often but its still annoying).

I love having a nice car but at this rate its gonna bankrupt me!
2015 Skoda Octavia VRS Combi 2.0 TDI 184 DSG in Candy White - 50MPG and climbing

frv

Postby frv » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:25 pm

Sorry you're having problems again Karl :( - hope you get past this rough patch and get to enjoy the car, not worry what's going to go wrong next.....

It's a Japanese car - where are they bulit?
'15 Audi A3 Sportback SE CoD S-Tronic - 5+ year average 55+mpg

(Retired) '06 Honda FR-V 2.2 i-CTDi - Best/longest tank: 67.92mpg (+51.6%) / 815.5 miles.

Karl
Site Admin

Postby Karl » Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:33 pm

According to Google - the Qashqai us built in Sunderland... maybe that explains it!

Karl
Site Admin

Postby Karl » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:14 am

Car is in tomorrow at a Halfords Autocentre. I would have preferred to take it to Nissan but HAC is a "preferred" garage so I don't have to pay up front for any warranty work carried out.

Hoping to get it sort as its pissing me off a little bit now.

dancingbear84

Postby dancingbear84 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:43 pm

Good luck matey. I hate it when cars go wrong. At least the warranty is covering it I guess which is something.
1998 Peugeot 106 1.5d zest 3
MPG Claimed (on autotrader): 53

Karl
Site Admin

Postby Karl » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:07 am

Its that time again! New car time!

I've been looking at few over the weekend and we have a full day of car searching ahead. Here's whats on the short list:

Jaguar XF 3.0V6 S
Skoda Octavia Vrs
Kia Ceed / GT
Merc C/E class
A5 sportback / A4 - S Line/Black Edition

Most are a bit of a step up from the Qashqai, Looking for something a little higher end.

Took a 2.7 and 3.0D S XF out last Saturday and they were both epic. The XF-S was amazing, an occasion every time to start the car but the Luxury spec was a little too light so I think that's out the window. I know it might seem mad but the difference between the Luxury and Premium Luxury is quite a step up. The engine was a peach, 5.9 to 60 and 155mph limited with an 8 speed auto & paddle shift.

A few questions to the group. Considering my car swapping past should I look at a good PCP deal and never own or keep with loosing a little money each time?

Also any more car suggestions? After the experience with the Jag I'm quite keen to have something a little bit of Poke - here it is for those interested.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/ ... 102388324/

frv

Postby frv » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:20 am

Looks great!

Personally I have no experience of leasing, HP or PCP as I have always bought my cars apart from a 7 year period in previous job where I had a company car. My brother-in-law leases his Audi A4 as he "has" ;) to have a decent car for visiting well-heeled clients but I know he has a mileage limit which it quite costly if he exceeds it (which he has!).

I would have thought unless you were young and there was some kind of deal with cheap insurance thrown in for most people buying would be cheaper in the long run. One advantage of leasing is you don't have the potential hassle of sorting out maintenance or having to pay for a big surprise bill.

With PCP you have a final "baloon" payment so you have a decision to make whether to keep the car, upgrade to a new(er) one or walk away.

Personally I get an interest free car loan at work so it's better for me to buy and it's no good asking me as I bought my car new and have owned it almost 8 years with no pressing desire to swap it :D . I still feel my next car doesn't exist yet.....
'15 Audi A3 Sportback SE CoD S-Tronic - 5+ year average 55+mpg

(Retired) '06 Honda FR-V 2.2 i-CTDi - Best/longest tank: 67.92mpg (+51.6%) / 815.5 miles.

Karl
Site Admin

Postby Karl » Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:50 am

I'd jump at a free loan but I only get the minimum from my day job.

I was doing the figures and it looks like I'm loosing a good 2K a year in depreciation so I thought it might make sense to buy new with warranty, servicing etc... I know PCP deals are OK if you are looking to change regularly and obviously the dealers are still making on it.

I've been driving "compromise" cars for quite a few years no so I'm looking forward to getting something special. The XF really stood out but it's not really the right one for me.

Off for a trip round the dealers this weekend. I went to see a nice A4 but the salesman was an absolute ar$e!