Need to get back on my bike.

Jocko

Need to get back on my bike.

Postby Jocko » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:46 pm

I enjoy a cycle now and again. Nothing serious, just the less strenuous parts of town. And these days it is all left turns as I don't trust myself (or others) in traffic.
Last time I was on the bike was a year ago, when after a cycle I felt a bit unwell, and ended up in surgery that night with a strangulated hernia! Two operations later I now feel I an ready to get back out.
Last week I re-inflated the tyres (right up to sidewall maximum pressure), so I have no excuse. Mind you, it is a Raleigh, weighing close to half a ton, and I am now in my 70th year, but I do want to get back out on it.

frv

Re: Need to get back on my bike.

Postby frv » Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:02 pm

Nothing wrong with a Raleigh! I remember mine well :D .
The hernia sounded nasty! :(
I'm 51 next month and really getting back into the cycling again. Went up to the allotment last night on my front suspension mountain bike with 27.5" tyres ( if you didn't know it's sometimes referred to as a 650b hardtail ) and did a few extra miles!
I also have 2 road bikes, one I call my winter bike which is lightweight aluminium and my best bike is full carbon. Both have tiny 23mm wide tyres and in good weather I generally run them a touch lower than max sidewall at 105psi :o
'15 Audi A3 Sportback SE CoD S-Tronic - 5+ year average 55+mpg

(Retired) '06 Honda FR-V 2.2 i-CTDi - Best/longest tank: 67.92mpg (+51.6%) / 815.5 miles.