It’s not just the UK suffering at the hands of the VW emissions fix. It now been revealed that the Bavarian government has refused to have 500 police vehicles subjected to the VW emissions “fix”.
The move by Dobrindt’s CSU party committee and Minister of the Interior, Joachim Herrmann was implemented due to the government not receiving assurances that the fix would not result in”subsequent engine problems.” and was unwilling to offer comprehensive warranty packages as seen in the USA.
This is the first case of any official governmental action over the fix despite mounting evidence that it’s responsible for countless EGR and DPF failures.
Unlike our pathetic regulators in the UK, the Bavarian government has seen the difference in approach by VW in the EU compared to that in the USA. You can read more about that in our article Deiselgate: VW offers warranty for US Emissions fixes while UK made to suffer three figure repair bills
Yet again we’ve reached out to VW for a response to this rather damning news and yet again we’ve been met with silence.
Source: Thanks to http://www.sueddeutsche.de/wirtschaft/vw-abgasaffaere-rueckruf-bei-vw-nicht-fuer-polizeiautos-1.3386881 – use Google Chrome for a full yet confusing translation.
Lets hear from you
Have you been affected by the VW emissions fix? Would you have refused to have the fix knowing the rate of EGR failures? Lets hear from you in the comments below!
If you’ve found this article helpful you might also like to read our other dieselgate – VW emissions fix articles
- Can the VW VAG EA 189 NOx emissions fix be reversed? Is a remap the answer?
- Swedish motor magazine Teknikensvarld.se proves Emissions fix has negative effect on MPG and power
- Did Volkswagen mislead owners into believing the emissions fix was mandatory?
- EU Parliament votes to “financially compensate” car buyers affected by VW emissions scandal
- Volkswagen get the green light from US regulators to sell “fixed” diesel vehicles
- Dieselgate: How the emissions “fix” will affect your DPF Diesel Particulate Filter in your VW, Audi, Skoda & Seat
- Deiselgate: VW offers warranty for US Emissions fixes while UK made to suffer three figure repair bills
- Dieselgate: Department for Transport confirms VW “fix” causes twice the level of carcinogenic diesel particulate matter
- Dieselgate: Are dishonest dealerships cashing in on VW emissions “fix” EGR failures?
- Dieselgate: Dealers could be forced into paying 100% compensation to owners of affected vehicles
- Poll: Have you been affected by the Dieselgate & EGR scandal? Would you by VAG again?
- The Volkswagen Group is systematically refunding owners for EGR failures after the emissions “fix”
- Dieselgate: Is the UK Government and Press in bed with VW? Is this a cover up?
Products from Amazon.co.uk
- Price: £8.55
- Price: £13.58