Is anything sacred these days? Is this an unfortunate leak or a clever PR exercise to get people interested before the big Octavia MK4 unveiling on November 11th?
If it was a PR exercise, Skoda nailed it. My news feed has been filled with images of the New Skoda Octavia MK4 naked and in all it’s glory. The image you see above was “apparently” leaked from the Skoda car configurator but the source of the leak has yet to be confirmed.
Honestly, I rather like it. The design language takes its queue from the “new” Superb, In fact, I initially thought it was a Suberb before I saw the Octavia number plate.
Is this the new VRS?
Not only was the monochrome configurator image of the MK4 leaked, what could be the MK4 VRS was revealed/leaked too.
We’re still unsure if this is an impressive render/Photoshop using the original image, but if this is the VRS then take my money*
We just hope that Skoda price the VRS competitively unlike the Kodiac VRS which starts at an eye-watering £43,390 before discounts. We
expect hope pricing for the VRS to be around the £30k mark but considerably more when you factor in some options. Whatever the pricing, I just hope that Skoda comes to their senses and offers a petrol DSG VRS 4×4 with 280PS, a specification already available in the flagship Superb.
Is it real or just a render? (Update)
Upon closer inspection, I’m beginning question the authenticity of the “leaked images”. When you look at the MK3 & 4 images side by side, you’ll see a lot of copy/paste going on. Not to mention the lack of a bonnet gap. You can also see some major similarities from the image of the Superb from the Skoda site. What do you think? Am I just being sceptical?
When with the MK4 Octavia be revealed?
Rather than showcase the new MK4 at a prestigious motor show like Frankfurt or Geneva, Skoda has opted to organise a standalone event for the “first” reveal. Skoda has been keen to drum up interest before the event with the following images posted on their website. The lines a little different than the leaked images, giving the rear more of a coupe look like the Passat CC. Either way, we’re looking forward to the official reveal.
Let’s hear from you!
What do you think of the new Mk4 Skoda Octavia? Do you think it’s an improvement over the mk3? Will you be trading in your Octavia for one? Let us know in the comments below
We’ve covered the Skoda Octavia extensively over the past few years. Check out our other articles in the links below
- Skoda Octavia MK4 spotted
- VW Skoda Seat Audi DSG Gear selector switch failure “Error: Workshop!… lever is in position P.” Fault 617752 / P173400
- Skoda Octavia MK3 VRS buyers guide
- Skoda Octavia Mk III 2013 Workshop, Service, maintenance & repair manuals downloads inc VRS
- Skoda Octavia i ii iii Mk1 Mk2 Mk3 owner manuals Inc VRS
- Skoda Octavia iii 2013 Diesel Particulate Filter DPF – Owner’s Manual – Regeneration FAQ
- Skoda Octavia ii 2004 – 2013 Inc VRS Diesel Particulate Filter DPF – Owner’s Manual – Regeneration FAQ
- Choosing the best Tyres for your Skoda Octavia MK3 VRS (2013 – onwards)
- XtremeAuto / Maypole / Universal Roof Bar Review – Skoda Octavia Estate – Amazon
- Choosing the best Windscreen wiper blades for your Skoda Octavia Mk3 2013 onwards
- HOW TO: Change the keyfob battery in your Skoda Octavia / VW Gold / Seat / Audi
- Which oil should you use in your diesel Skoda CR170 / CR 184 VRS?
- DTUK CRD3+ Tuning Box Instructions VAG Skoda Seat 184 150 Diesel TDI
- Diesel Tuning: Skoda Octavia VRS 184 TDi (DSG) DTUK Box review and 0-40 & 0-100MPH video
- Review: Skoda Octavia 3 iii Canton Sound System (Estate VRS)
- Leaked internal Skoda document shows Octavia VRS MY19 changes DPF & OPF
- Skoda Octavia MY19 documents confirms new pricing for VRS245 and says goodbye to the diesel 184
- VAG DPF (VW): Which OBD2 II ELM327 Dongle should I use? Bluetooth / Wifi?