If you couldn’t already tell from the vast number of Skoda VRS articles on the site – we’re big fans of Skoda’s best selling hot family mover (I also own one!)
You might have also noticed that our page showcasing the best modified MK3 Skodas on UK roads is bursting at the seams. So we’ve started a feature called Readers Rides. We’ll showcase interesting and exotic cars from our readers, and not just Skodas either!
For our first ride, I present you with James’s 2019 Skoda Octavia VRS 2.0 TSI DSG.
2019 Skoda Octavia VRS TSI 2.0 Turbo FWD (Mk3 Facelift)
- Standard 245 running JB4 with custom map6 (over 300bhp)
- Airtec intake
- Racingline hose elbow and muffler delete
- GFB DVx
- Lowered on H&R springs
- Scorpion non-res cat back
- Full Maxton lowlife kit and V1 rear defuser
- Honeycomb grille
- Tinted headlights fogs taillights and all rear windows
- Matte black front to rear stripes
- Anthracite side stripes
- 19inch Lamborghini wheels refurbed in anthracite
- Toyo T1R tyres
- Custom colour coding in engine bay
With looks like that an over 300BHP on tap, we’re pretty fond of James’s MK3, especially on the Lamborgini wheels! He’s only had it for a year and was keen to point out that this car has big things coming in the future. We’ll be sure to update you with the results.
You can follow James on Instagram @blackmagicvrs and via the North of Scotland VAG Owners page
Update August 2020
Since featuring James’s stunning VRS, he’s been the continuing his build with some unique modification not seen on a Mk3 VRS before. In fact, his saloon is the very first MK3 to be fitted with a custom WRC spoiler. This is a common mod on the Mk1 & 2 but this is the first time a Mk3 has been fitted with one. I think you’ll agree that it looks f**king sweet!
He’s also added the following to his crazy VRS.
- APR downpipe APR 300 cell cat
- TVS DSG map
- Custom flushed front bumper (shaped recess to suit short plate)
- All grilles painted black magic (to match the body)
- Rear defuser section colour coded
- StrutbraceUk (colour coded)
- Stage 2 tune (results coming very soon)
Check back soon for the results of his stage 2 map
Want your car featured?
Email Karl (at) Hypermiler.co.uk or contact us via our Facebook page
- Skoda officially reveals the Octavia Mk4
- Skoda “leaks” the new Octavia Mk4 before it’s official unveiling / VRS
- Skoda Octavia MK4 spotted
- VW Skoda Seat Audi DSG Gear selector switch failure “Error: Workshop!… lever is in position P.” Fault 617752 / P173400
- Skoda Octavia MK3 VRS buyers guide
- Skoda Octavia Mk III 2013 Workshop, Service, maintenance & repair manuals downloads inc VRS
- Skoda Octavia i ii iii Mk1 Mk2 Mk3 owner manuals Inc VRS
- Skoda Octavia iii 2013 Diesel Particulate Filter DPF – Owner’s Manual – Regeneration FAQ
- Skoda Octavia ii 2004 – 2013 Inc VRS Diesel Particulate Filter DPF – Owner’s Manual – Regeneration FAQ
- Choosing the best Tyres for your Skoda Octavia MK3 VRS (2013 – onwards)
- XtremeAuto / Maypole / Universal Roof Bar Review – Skoda Octavia Estate – Amazon
- Choosing the best Windscreen wiper blades for your Skoda Octavia Mk3 2013 onwards
- HOW TO: Change the keyfob battery in your Skoda Octavia / VW Gold / Seat / Audi
- Which oil should you use in your diesel Skoda CR170 / CR 184 VRS?
- DTUK CRD3+ Tuning Box Instructions VAG Skoda Seat 184 150 Diesel TDI
- Diesel Tuning: Skoda Octavia VRS 184 TDi (DSG) DTUK Box review and 0-40 & 0-100MPH video
- Review: Skoda Octavia 3 iii Canton Sound System (Estate VRS)
- Leaked internal Skoda document shows Octavia VRS MY19 changes DPF & OPF
- Skoda Octavia MY19 documents confirms new pricing for VRS245 and says goodbye to the diesel 184
- VAG DPF (VW): Which OBD2 II ELM327 Dongle should I use? Bluetooth / Wifi?