We’ve been following many of the facebook and forum threads focused on reversing the ea189 emissions fix. Whats become apparent is that most of these services are simply a remap aimed at disguising the fix and the horrendous effects it has on vehicle performance and efficiency. They’re not aimed at preventing further damage to vehicles components such as the fueling and emissions systems (Injector / EGR / DPF). In fact many of these “back street” remaps will simply compound these issues (Read more on that in our previous article – Can the VW VAG EA 189 NOx emissions fix be reversed? Is a remap the answer?)
Today the tide has turned. Today we have been approach by a “national tuning” network who plan to roll out a “VAG Emissions rollback” service. The key thing here is that this is not a remap or tune. This is a roll back to what they call a “pre-VAG-patch state”. If their claims are in fact true, this could be the answer for those owners who have fallen victim to the VW Group’s damaging ea189 emissions fix.
We’ve spoken to many owners trapped in a car they longer trust and are unable to sell due to financial issues or PCP contract periods. A rollback could be the key to restoring the reliability, performance and economy they have come to expect from their VW / Audi / Seat or Skoda vehicles.
Sure, EGR failure is possible in any diesel vehicle, but at least you’ll know it wasn’t at the hands of the VW emissions fix farse. You won’t be waiting for the engine management light to go or listening for every unexplained rattle or knock. You might actually be able to trust your car again.
This doesn’t excuse the fact that VW have abused your trust, they have mislead and cheated you. You should not have to pay to fix a car that the VW Group broke. Unfortunately the VW Group have gone on record to state they WILL NOT reverse the ea189 emissions fix, that will never change.
Granted you’ll lose any “good will” (for what is worth from VW) and say goodbye to any warranty you have on the vehicle. Would it be worth the risk and costs involved with a rollback?
We’d certainly say goodbye to main dealer servicing but that’s not a bad thing. You’ll probably save a more than a few quid there and they won’t apply a harmful emissions fix without your consent and knowledge.
Where can I have my VW ea189 emissions fix rolled back?
The software platform enabling this “rollback” to be performed is rolling out to a select number of agents. It’s still early days and we’re yet to hear from anyone who has had their car “rolled back”.
We’re in discussions with a number of these agents in the UK. We’ll update you as soon as we can.
Would you roll back?
Bearing in mind the issues that might arise from an ECU roll back would you “fix” your broken car? Have you already had your car remapped after the fix?
We’d love to hear from you. Please let us know in the comments below.
If you’ve found this article helpful you might also like to read our other dieselgate – VW emissions fix articles
- UK Volkswagen Emissions scandal Facebook group grows to over 5,000 members
- Our updated VW Emissions Fix Survey results are in with over 1200 responses
- Can the VW VAG EA 189 NOx emissions fix be reversed? Is a remap the answer?
- Swedish motor magazine Teknikensvarld.se proves Emissions fix has negative effect on MPG and power
- Did Volkswagen mislead owners into believing the emissions fix was mandatory?
- EU Parliament votes to “financially compensate” car buyers affected by VW emissions scandal
- Volkswagen get the green light from US regulators to sell “fixed” diesel vehicles
- Dieselgate: How the emissions “fix” will affect your DPF Diesel Particulate Filter in your VW, Audi, Skoda & Seat
- Deiselgate: VW offers warranty for US Emissions fixes while UK made to suffer three figure repair bills
- Dieselgate: Department for Transport confirms VW “fix” causes twice the level of carcinogenic diesel particulate matter
- Dieselgate: Are dishonest dealerships cashing in on VW emissions “fix” EGR failures?
- Dieselgate: Dealers could be forced into paying 100% compensation to owners of affected vehicles
- Poll: Have you been affected by the Dieselgate & EGR scandal? Would you by VAG again?
- The Volkswagen Group is systematically refunding owners for EGR failures after the emissions “fix”
- Dieselgate: Is the UK Government and Press in bed with VW? Is this a cover up?
- Bavarian Government refuses VW emissions “fix” on 500 police vehicles
[amazon_link asins=’B00BKC9LHA,B00904I9W8,B00TYF1EUC,B00P6J976I,B01M0DE9AS’ template=’ProductCarousel’ store=’hypermiler-21′ marketplace=’UK’ link_id=’f1a93e4c-1b00-11e7-a367-eb6aad656cd3′]