According to the VW Group, you must give consent before the diesel emissions fix is applied. This hasn’t stopped dealers from applying it without owners knowledge and it certainly hasn’t done a lot for their reputation.
But what happens if you’ve got your heart set on an affected VAG Euro5 diesel vehicle and you want to check if it’s been “fixed”? It just so happens that the VW Group give you the very tools to check. Simply use their handy tool to return the VIN number and the form will show the emissions fix update status.
To save you the hassle of finding the links please see below
- VW Emissions Fix checker
- Audi Emissions Fix checker
- Skoda Emissions Fix checker
- SEAT Emissions Fix checker
Not only will the above websites tell you the status of the update it will also inform you if your vehicle was affected by the recall. For those of you with Euro6 cars you will see that you have been spared the #VWFixFail misery.
Are you buying from a main dealer?
If you’re buying from a main dealer then you should expect to see that all the affected vehicles will have had the emissions fix applied. We checked a large selection of Euro5 cars on the VW used car website and every single one of them reported the fix had been done.
This may not be the case for independent garages and private sales. We suggest you check before you set your heart on a car.
Should I buy a “fixed” car?
You should buy a fixed car? Well, that’s entirely up to you. Check out some of the page links below, more specifically our Survey results and the 100+ comments on our article that kicked this all off –
I for one wouldn’t touch a fixed car with a barge pole, but that’s just my opinion. What ever you decide, do your research and make sure you discuss any concerns with your car sales person before you hand over your cold hard cash.
Lets hear from you
Have you been affected by the VW emissions fix? Did VW cover the complete cost of your replacement EGR valve as good will? Lets hear from you! Please also take the time to fill out our Emissions fix survey so we can slam the VW Group in the face with the FACTS.
If you’ve found this article helpful you might also like to read our other #dieselgate – VW emissions fix articles. The list is getting long!
- Your emissions “fixed” VAG VW Audi Skoda Seat could be worthless / unsalable
- How long until the VW VAG Emissions fix claims it’s first victim?
- VW Emissions Fix Survey – The Results are in!
- Can the VW VAG EA 189 NOx emissions fix be reversed? Is a remap the answer?
- Hypermiler gets interviewed on BBC Radio 4 you and yours – Listen again
- Swedish motor magazine Teknikensvarld.se proves Emissions fix has negative effect on MPG and power
- Did Volkswagen mislead owners into believing the emissions fix was mandatory?
- EU Parliament votes to “financially compensate” car buyers affected by VW emissions scandal
- Volkswagen get the green light from US regulators to sell “fixed” diesel vehicles
- Dieselgate: How the emissions “fix” will affect your DPF Diesel Particulate Filter in your VW, Audi, Skoda & Seat
- Deiselgate: VW offers warranty for US Emissions fixes while UK made to suffer three figure repair bills
- Dieselgate: Department for Transport confirms VW “fix” causes twice the level of carcinogenic diesel particulate matter
- Dieselgate: Are dishonest dealerships cashing in on VW emissions “fix” EGR failures?
- Dieselgate: Dealers could be forced into paying 100% compensation to owners of affected vehicles
- Poll: Have you been affected by the Dieselgate & EGR scandal? Would you by VAG again?
- The Volkswagen Group is systematically refunding owners for EGR failures after the emissions “fix”
- Dieselgate: Is the UK Government and Press in bed with VW? Is this a cover up?
- Bavarian Government refuses VW emissions “fix” on 500 police vehicles